PhoneSchedule Your Consultation Now (813) 519-5919

In Florida, when a mother is married and give birth, Florida law presumes the child’s father is the mother’s husband. However, when a mother is unmarried at the time of the child’s birth, paternity must be established.

Paternity may be established voluntarily, or through a Court order. If the mother and alleged father agree on Paternity, a “Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity” form can be executed by the parents. After 60 days, the acknowledgment becomes valid and neither parent can revoke the Acknowledgment.

If there is no Voluntary Acknowledgment, either the mother or presumptive father may file a Petition for Determination of Paternity with the Court.

Similar to children’s issues, when a party begins a Paternity matter, the Court may make orders regarding child support, health insurance for the minor child, timesharing, and parental responsibility. Call us today to discuss your Paternity matter! We look forward to speaking with you.

Experienced Florida Family Law Attorney - Mireya Lacayo, Esq.

Schedule Your Consultation Now  (813) 519-5919

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U